Saturday, May 22, 2010

Carolina Pig Jig


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little angel!  Today was a great day with just the three of us!  

This morning, daddy made us pancakes for breakfast!  Yummy!  They were good!  You had a bottle, but when you're bigger you'll be able to have pancakes too.  :-)

After we all ate, you played with your toys and did tummy time.  I weighed myself and then picked you up with just a clean diaper.  There was a fifteen pound difference!  Wow!  You're 15 pounds!  Look how far you've come since you were born at only 2 lbs 4 ozs!  I'm so proud of you!  God is so good!  :-)

This afternoon, you, daddy, and I went to the NC Festival at the State Fair grounds.  It was like a little State Fair but for free.  There were exhibits and rides everywhere!  We were there for 2 hours.  I carried you around in the ergo carrier and you fell asleep after a while.  Everyone thought you were cute in the carrier!  I had a backpack on too with your diapers and supplies.  One person asked me "which backpack the baby was in" since I was carrying something in the front and the back!  When we were leaving, one of the gate guards asked daddy and I which booth we got you from.  We told him we won you as a prize!  Haha!

While there, we went to the Carolina Pig Jig which was an all you can eat BBQ contest!  Daddy and I ate way too much, but it was worth it!  The food was great, and we got to vote on which group had the best BBQ.  The proceeds from the ticket sales went to help children, so we got to eat BBQ and help people at the same time.  ;-)

This afternoon, we played more with toys and did more tummy time.  You took 2 tablespoons of rice cereal!  Woo hoo!  Now, that you're getting better at taking the rice cereal, I'm going to start you on oatmeal tomorrow.  :-)

 

This evening, we went to Target for a little grocery run.  It was storming outside!  We got there just in time for the rain to start, so we walked around the store until it stopped.  There was thunder and lightning everywhere.  :-P  

Once we got home, we played on the bed more and did more tummy time before you fell asleep.  

Sleep tight! 

I love you very, very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment