Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oatmeal


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie!  Guess what you did this morning?  I increased your rice cereal to two tablespoons yesterday .... I don't know if that did it, but .... you slept in this morning!  Woo hoo!  Since daddy and I use you as our alarm clock in the mornings (at least on the weekends) we actually overslept and didn't make it to church!  Oops!  But, daddy and I appreciated the extra sleep!  ;-)

Once we got up, we played on the bed with your toys.  :-)  We started something new today .... you tried oatmeal for the first time!  We did it in the morning so that daddy and I could watch you during the day to check for any possible reactions.  Thankfully, you had no reactions!  You actually liked it and did well eating it!  Afterward, I gave you a little bath since your arms got sticky from grabbing the spoon and food.  :-P  

You, daddy, and I went for a walk this afternoon.  We did our usual 3 mile walk around the neighborhood.  As soon as we got home, it started to rain, so we timed it just right!  Go us!  :-)

This evening, we saw Mimi, Grandpa Mike, and Uncle Brennan for dinner.  We went out for pizza, but Mimi gave you a bottle.  :-)  We had scattered thunderstorms all day, and it started to rain again as we were leaving dinner.  

This evening, I gave you the rice cereal, and you did well!  So, you took 2 tablespoons of rice cereal, 1 tablespoon of oatmeal, and 26 ounces of formula today!  You're such a big boy!  I'm so proud of you!

You took a late bottle and then fell asleep on me.  You were so cute sleeping there.  :-)

Sleep tight little one!

I love you so very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment