Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Second Attempt


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie!  Today we ran some errands and got out of the house for a while.  :-)  First, we did some morning playtime, tummy time, and I gave you a bath.

Then, we headed out to the bank and the dry cleaners.  My cousin, Julia, is getting married in a few weeks, so we needed to drop some things off so we'll have some nice things to wear.  You already have a little outfit.  One of us will babysit you during the ceremony, and then afterward, we'll take you to the reception for a little bit so you can see people.  We're staying at the same place as the reception, so we'll be able to just bring you back to the room if you get tired or fussy.  :-)

After the dry cleaners, we did some errands to pick up Mother's Day gifts for your Mimi and Gigi.  While we were out, we swung by your Grandpa Jim's office since it was around the corner from where we were.  He held you for a little bit as we visited.  Once  you started to get hungry, we packed you up and I drove you home.  :-)

This afternoon, you played with your toys and we did more tummy time.  When daddy got home, we did our second attempt at rice cereal!  It's been a week now, and you're eating a little more formula than before, so I decided to try the cereal again.  You did better!  I'm guessing out of 2 oz, you took 1.5 oz (though I'm not sure how much you actually swallowed!).  ;-)  Daddy and I had to bribe you with 2 oz of formula in a bottle, then you did some rice cereal in a bowl, then more formula in a bottle.  This kept you from getting too cranky.  ;-P  This process took one hour and we had to change your outfit afterward!  But, it only took one bib and one washcloth .... last week it took 2 bibs and one washcloth!  I found myself making those funny faces that all moms do when trying to feed their children!  I think your daddy thought I was crazy!  :-)

This evening you fell asleep between bottle before falling asleep for the evening at around midnight.  Sleep tight little one!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment