Saturday, May 15, 2010

Brunch Date


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  Look how much you've grown!  I'm so proud of you!

This morning we had a date!  My friend Emily came into town from Charlotte.  She was doing the Relay for Life, which helps raise funds and support for the American Cancer Society, in Wake Forest.   I did this race when I was in college at UNC.  I did it in memory of my Nana, your Great-Grandmother on Gigi's side.  She passed away from colon cancer in 2001.  She would have loved you! 

So, you, daddy, and I met up with her and one of her friends for brunch.  We had a good time!  We caught up (I haven't seen Emily in months) and she got to meet and hold you!  

Afterward, daddy and I ran an errand to pick up supplies for the townhouse.  Then, we spent the rest of the day cleaning and preparing for the Open House tomorrow.  

We borrowed your Grandpa Jim's truck to move some cardboard and to borrow a shepherd's hook from Gigi.  Mimi bought a wind chime for our deck, so we put it on the hook.  Everything looks really good!  All the rooms are really clean, the bathrooms are spotless, and the deck looks nice with all the plants.  So, we just have a few things to do in the morning before the Open House.  We're hoping lots of people will come and we can get this place sold!  :-P

This evening we played with you on the bed, and you showed off your tummy time.  You're certainly getting better with your head control!  

We did have a long night however!  You took a longer than usual nap late in the evening, which means daddy and I were still trying to rock you to bed at 1:37am sunday morning.  :-P  Let's hope we don't have too many more nights like that.  

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment