Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello precious!  Today is Mother's Day!  Technically, it's my "second" Mother's Day since I was pregnant with you this time last year .... but, no one knew I was pregnant except daddy and my parents.  My mom (Gigi) have me a sweet card last year since I was "expecting", but besides that, it was a secret. 

So, today was my first big Mother's Day!  Woo hoo!  Your daddy made me breakfast this morning before church.  Then, we went to church and saw Gigi play in the Praise Team.  All the mommies stood and we prayed for them as well.  Gigi and I stood together.  :-)  We prayed for all current mothers, mothers who are no longer with us, expecting mothers, and women who will one day become mothers.  :-)

After church, we went to a lunch celebration and caught up with lots of people!  There were 12 of us all together at a big round table, and you got passed along to everyone!  You got to see your Mimi, Uncle Brennan, Aunt Katie, and others.  We gave your Mimi and Gigi a nice photo of you (smiling during your tummy time) in a photo frame that states, "But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD" (Joshua 24:15 NIV).  Also, they both got gift cards to places they wanted.  

You gave me a CD and your daddy drew a cute comic for me!  You and the cat were in the comic.  It was so cute.  Speaking of the cat, today is his 6th birthday.  :-)

It was such a nice and pretty day .... wonderful weather for Mother's Day.  :-)  I enjoy being a mom, and you are so precious to daddy and I. 


We had a nice dinner at home .... just the three of us. You played on the bed and did more tummy time.  Tomorrow, the physical therapist is coming again to check on you.  We've been working hard this weekend with our exercises so hopefully she'll be impressed.  :-)

You did well with your rice cereal!  Of the 2 ozs that I made, you took about 1.25!  Whoa!  Good job little man!  

Thank you for such a wonderful Mother's Day!  Sleep tight little angel!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment