Sunday, February 14, 2010

St. Valentine's Day


Dearest Joshua David~

Happy Saint Valentine's Day!  I gave you a bath this morning and dressed you up in a cute outfit that your Mimi gave you for the occasion!  You were so cute in your Valentine's Day attire that I had to snap a photo .... and I actually got one of you smiling!  Usually you smile right when I put the camera away!  Daddy clipped your nails after your bath, so you were ready to hit the town .... well .... you stayed in with daddy and I .... but you had a good time.  :-)

During your morning nap, daddy and I did a lot of cleaning in the house (you wouldn't even recognize the place!).  And, we did all your laundry. 

Once you started to stir, daddy and I played with you.  You like to sit on daddy's lap and have him help pull you up.

Gigi and Grandpa Jim gave you some diapers and a card for Valentine's Day.  :-)  Mimi and Grandpa Mike gave you some cookies/chocolates and a card.  Daddy and I ate the cookies and chocolates .... we saved the diapers for you!  You also got some other cards in the mail that we put on the mantel.  

We've noticed that you've gotten a little bit more hair on your head!  It's really hard to see in photos since your hair is so fine and light.  But, if someone were to hold you and look, they would see it!  How cute!

You were a good boy today .... you didn't get too fussy.  You started to stir, wiggle, and cry a bit when daddy started to cook dinner.  I fed you and walked around with you in our carrier.  You fell asleep as I was walking so I didn't want to take you out of it when dinner was done!  So, I carefully ate with you there in front of me.  :-)  Daddy made burgers, potatoes, and veggies for our Valentine's Day dinner (your daddy is a wonderful cook!).  Daddy said he was sorry it wasn't "fancy" .... but I told him everything was perfect!!  I'm so blessed to have you and daddy in my life that I couldn't ask for anything more!  A day with you two is priceless!

I love you very much little Joshua!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment