Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Four Months

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little cutie!  Today you are 4 months old!  Look how you've grown .... four months ago you were only 2 lbs 4 ozs!  Now you're growing out of your "newborn" clothes and diapers.  Daddy and I are so proud of you!  :-)

I've increased the amount I put in your bottles because you seem to have a bigger appetite.  Today, you took bottles ranging from 115ml to 130ml!  Whoa!  You're still getting two formula bottles and four "mommy milk" bottles a day.  :-)

Today we read more from the book of Numbers.  We've just gotten to the point where Moses gathers men to go and explore the land of Canaan.  Joshua was one of those men who went.  Our daily reading ended at this point, but I know what happens.  I won't spoil it, since we'll be reading more tomorrow, but I will say that Joshua is rewarded for his faith in the Lord.  :-)

We watched some more of the Olympics today.  There was a lot of Curling on, so we tried to figure out the rules of the game.  :-)  This isn't a sport that we see a lot of, so it was fun to watch the USA teams play.  Unfortunately, the men and women lost the games that we saw.  Oh well!

Today is considered "Shrove Tuesday" or "Fat Tuesday." It's the day before the beginning of Lent (which begins tomorrow on Ash Wednesday).  Traditionally, people eat pancakes for dinner (a lot) and then fast on Ash Wednesday.  Daddy and I ate all our pancake mix this past weekend!  When I was younger, my parents would take Uncle James and I to church and we would have all the pancakes we could eat!

This evening I put you in the cutest outfit with monkeys on it!  Your (Great) Aunt Beth gave it to you for Christmas.  :-)

I head back to work tomorrow.  I hate leaving you, so promise me some kisses when I get home!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment