Sunday, February 21, 2010

Baby Bear


Dearest Joshua David~

Today was such a beautiful day!  The sun was out and we had 60 degree weather!  Daddy and I quickly took advantage of it and took you for a walk!  We went past the lake with the ducks down to the community workout center and then back to the townhouse.  It was only about 2 miles round trip, but it was better than just staying inside all day.  When we have consistently nice weather, we'll take you further.  When the wind blew, it was a little breezy, so we still bundled you in a little bear outfit that my friend, Brianne, got you!  Brianne went to college with mommy, and now she's expecting her first child .... a boy!  :-)

Guess what .... daddy woke up feeling a lot better today.  :-)  We've both been gulping down our orange juice and multivitamins to try to stay healthy for you.  

So, I might have spoken too soon when I said last week that you had the largest poopy diaper to date .... this morning broke the record!  After your 6am bottle, I held you and talked to you to let your food digest (I do this with all bottles).  Then, you promptly filled your diaper .... not once .... but twice!  I went out your diaper, down your clothes, and on the changing table.  And, you also decided to pee on the wall!  Ahhh!  I just had to give you a bath after that one and then immediately start a load of clothes in the wash (including what I was wearing!).  :-P  You had a big smile on your face once you were clean!  :-)

Today we saw an Olympic sport that I had never seen before.  Daddy had seen it, so it explained it to you and me.  It's called the Biathlon.  It combines cross-country skiing with rifle shooting.  I looked it up on the Winter Olympics website:

"Biathlon did not start as a sport, but as a way for northern European hunters, as early as 2000 BC, to put food on the table. Beginning in the mid-16th century, however, Scandinavian countries began using troops on skis to defend against their enemies .... The objective in biathlon is to complete the course in the least amount of time, hitting as many targets as possible to avoid time penalties."

It was very interesting.  USA did not medal, but was fun to watch something new!  :-)

Tomorrow we head to the eye doctor for a follow up.  I'm praying your eyes are fine and that you don't need any more surgeries.  :-)

Sleep tight little man!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment