Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday


Dearest Joshua David~

Today is Ash Wednesday, little fellow.  This marks the beginning of the church season of Lent.  This will culminate in Easter .... with the resurrection of our Lord, Jesus Christ!  :-)  Your Grandpa Jim and Gigi went to church this evening.  Daddy had a meeting with the soccer board, so, it was just the two of us this evening!  

Today I had to leave for work.  I never like leaving you, but you were in good hands with Penny.  This morning, you and I had "Morning Mommy Time."  I gave you a bottle and got to rock you.  It was just us (daddy left for work and Penny hadn't gotten here yet).  I talked to you and told you that I love you.  I like our morning mommy times.  :-)

Penny and I noticed that you are recognizing faces more.  I was holding you (you had fallen asleep after I gave you a bottle) when Penny walked in.  When I passed you off, you made a face like, "Hey! Where are you going?"  It was so sweet, but it made me not want to leave even more!

Here's what you and Penny did together:
10am:  Playtime .... read a book, music time, pull ups, sit ups
10:30am:  Tummy time .... turned head from side to side to find the "crinkle" sound of the pages in your book
11:30am-12:30pm:  Cat nap and fussy
1pm:  "Huge" diaper .... Penny gave you a bath!
1:30pm-4:30pm:  Sleepy time

I had a patient cancel this afternoon, so I got to come home and see you during my lunch break!  What a joy!  You were sleeping soundly when I came to see you.

This evening, when daddy was at his meeting, I walked around the townhouse with you in the carrier.  You fell asleep for a little bit while I ate dinner.  Then, I gave you a bottle and we watched snowboarding and speed skating on the Winter Olympics.  :-)

Tomorrow, I have work again.  Then, I have a meeting right after work, so I won't be able to see you for about 12 hours!  :-(  You'll be with daddy for a few hours until I get home.  I've already made all your bottles for tomorrow, so the two of you should be all set!  

Sleep tight! 

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment