Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sleepy Day


Dearest Miracles~

It's getting closer to Joshua's birthday!  Woo hoo!  Have you decided what you want yet little man?  I have a feeling you want a 'choo choo train' because that's what you keep talking about.  We'll see if we can make that happen.  ;-)

Everyone slept in this morning .... ahhhh .... and it felt good!  We all had a nice breakfast together and then played downstairs with blocks and other toys

Once people were done eating, we made a grocery run to Target.  You two each ate two cookies.  Joshua, we got you a little, black train as a pre-birthday gift, but I know other things are coming.  :-)

Grace, you fell asleep on the drive home and continued to nap.  I made mac and cheese for lunch and Joshua ate three bowls!  Whoa!  Grace, you ate when you woke up.  You two helped clean the downstairs afterwards .... it was in a desperate need of some vacuuming and sweeping. 

We went upstairs and played.  Joshua, you took a nap.  I don't know why I was so exhausted today, but I ended up napping too as Grace played with daddy.  You two drew some cute pictures together in daddy's sketch pad!

You all helped daddy and I cook a great and healthy dinner.  Daddy grilled some chicken that he marinated in some BBQ sauce.  We stayed inside and baked some french fries and roasted some veggies .... onion, carrots, corn, peas, spinach, and broccoli .... yummy!

We all played and colored this evening.  Then you two had a nice bath (you all were admittedly overdue) and had your nails cut.  I felt lots of baby biscuit kicks this evening and daddy got to feel them too!

Grace, you're still following me to bed and not using your own bed to sleep in.  I know I should be more diligent about moving you, but I secretly enjoy having you curl up next to me.  You two are growing up so fast and I know I'm going to miss these days when you wanted to snuggle.  I wish you all could stay small and innocent forever.  ;-)  It's so nice to feel 'needed' as a parent when you all depend on us so much right now.  When you all are older, remember that daddy and I are still there for you .... even if you're too big to snuggle.  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment