Saturday, October 13, 2012

NC State Fair


Dearest Angels~

I couldn't sleep so I ended up getting up at 6am this morning.  Not too fun for a saturday when I could probably sleep in later.  Oh well!  I went into the play room and worked on the computer until 7am.  Then, I went downstairs for breakfast.  You all were still sleeping!  You two had both managed to end up in our bed and daddy was in Joshua's bed sleeping.  Hummm .... you two sure take up a lot of space in a king sized bed!

You two have the cutest little voices!  It's so adorable when you all say things, especially little Grace!

I noticed some slight swelling this morning at my ankles.  I took my blood pressure this morning (I have one of Gigi's machines) and it was normal (111/78).  So, I'll just keep monitoring everything.  We're almost 32 weeks gestation with baby biscuit.  :-)

Once everyone was ready for the day, we headed out for a Family Outing to the NC State Fair!  Woo hoo!  We saw Gigi, Uncle James, Grandpa Jim, (Great) Aunt Beth, Cousin Stephanie, Cousin Charlie, and Cousin Madelynn while we were there!  What fun!  We ate lunch at a little BBQ tent and you two surprised us .... Joshua ate a good amount of BBQ and you two also split a hotdog. 

We did a lot of walking!  Whew!  Oh, remember the photograph that I submitted for the photography contest (a photograph of Grace in her pajamas wearing my black boots)?  Well, I didn't get a ribbon this year, but it still got selected to be hung up for display!  Wow!  We saw it and took some pictures!  You see, they receive a lot of entries, so according to their rule book it's under 'the discretion of the superintendent of arts and photography' as to what gets displayed since space is limited.  So, I think it's pretty good that we even got picked for display .... even if we didn't get a ribbon.  :-)


You two got to ride your first Fair ride today .... the Merry Go Round!  Uncle James and Gigi went on with you two!  I wish I could have gone on as well, but rides are contraindicated with pregnancy.  :-P  Cousin Charlie rode with Grandpa Jim.  :-)




We were home by 4:30pm.  You two napped when we got home.  Daddy and I did laundry and relaxed with our feet up while you two snoozed.  I felt a lot of baby biscuit kicks!

Once you two woke from your naps, we headed downstairs for some dinner.  We had some leftovers and then cleaned the kitchen.  Afterward, we went upstairs and relaxed together.  Daddy put a movie on for all of us .... 'Follow That Bird'.  It's about Big Bird and daddy and I had seen it when we were little! As we watched the movie, Grace sat against me and baby biscuit kicked her!  I still remember feeling Grace kick Joshua when he would fall asleep on me!  Love it!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment