Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday


Dearest Blessings~

Today is Good Friday.  This is the day that Jesus, our Lord and Savior, was crucified on the cross to save us from sin.  He rose again in three days .... Easter Sunday!  :-)  To quote a friend:

Thank you, dear Lord, for willingly surrendering yourself to death on a cross--for although I know I am not deserving of your sacrifice for me and for all of humanity, what you did for all people for all time reminds me of the incredible love you have for me, how valued I am, and that death does not have the final say. This is the "good" in Good Friday, praise be to God.

Grace, you didn't wake up from your toddler bed until 7am this morning!  Whoa!  I checked on you in the middle of the night.  You made some noises here and there, but you never woke up.  Both of you two were playing by 7:30am. 

Daddy worked from home this morning.  As he was downstairs, you two helped me burn a music CD for Gigi upstairs, check my bag project (I added a little bit more glue), and had some art time.

By mid morning we were having snack time.  I made you all some baked mozzarella cheese sticks.  Then, we swept the floor downstairs.  It was a rainy morning, but it cleared up by lunch time.

Once we got back upstairs, we 'face timed' with Gigi on the phone.  You two showed her your blocks.  Joshua, you said 'Gigi' to her!  Aw!  :-)

Oh, Joshua, I caught you putting food down our air vent .... I wonder how long you've been doing that!  :-P

Joshua, you didn't eat much for us today.  When we went to Target for groceries after lunch, you ate 4 cookies .... probably because you didn't eat breakfast or lunch for us!  :-P

Guess what .... we sold something online for Gigi today!  Woo hoo!  We've got a little business going on!  Ha! This afternoon, I took you all on a walk.  We went to the bell tower and back home .... 5 miles!  It was such a nice day!  Daddy continued to work at the house as we walked.  We got home a little after 5pm, so daddy had tacos ready when we got home.  Grace, you signed 'more' at dinner!

After dinner, we went for another walk with daddy.  This time, we went to the shops and back .... about a 2 mile walk.  Wow .... 7 miles total today!  Go us! 

Joshua, you worked on your sounds more.  It's so cute when you say 'mama' 'mommy' and 'uh oh'.   :-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment