Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Another Bite


Dearest Angels~

Today is Mimi's 60th birthday!  Since everyone was at work today, we'll get together at the end of the week to celebrate.  Daddy called her though to wish her a happy birthday.

Grace, you slept until 6:20am this morning.  Then you noodled into bed with me as daddy got ready for work. 

Joshua, I forgot to tell you that Krista has you back on the decongestant and Prevacid medications.  I tried to get you to take them via a dropper in the mouth this morning verses putting them in a sippy cup (since you take your tylenol that way with no fighting .... I just squirt it in your mouth).  It did not go well!  You spit everything out and I ended up needing to change your shirt afterward.

But, at least your appointments went well this morning.  The big news is that you were discharged from occupational therapy today!  Woo hoo!  Mary Beth was impressed with the progress that you scored well on your evaluations last week.  I'm so proud of you man!  We still have some things to work on but can be done at home .... most is oral sensory which goes with your feeding.  And, we need to continue to practice jumping.  You also did well with Kim.  Today you two focused on the 't' sound.  

We were home for lunch.  Joshua, you ate an entire yogurt with strawberry and banana for me.  Grace, you ate some Gerber foods.  As you two played downstairs, I made my veggie lunches for the week.  I cooked a potato, apple, carrots, corn, broccoli, onion, and spinach mixture.  Yummy!

Afterward, we made a very quick errand around the corner .... I put you two in the wagon and wheeled you in and out of where I needed to go.  I'll tell you more about that once I get more information about that errand. 

We were back home a little after 2pm.  I had you two both napping in the play room by 2:45pm.  I did some things on the computer as you two slept.

Daddy had another soccer game after work today, so after you two woke from naps we headed over to Gigi's house for dinner.  You two split a container of turkey, cheese, crackers, and a cookie.  Then you all played with the blocks and did some drawings.  You two got to play with Gigi, Grandpa Jim, Uncle James, and Lois. 

Grace, you were so funny .... you kept eating chocolate Cheerios at one point.  And, for the rest of the evening you smelled like chocolate!  Ha!  You two both gave everyone kisses!  And, I got Joshua to say 'I love Gigi' and 'I love papa' (for Grandpa Jim).  ;-) 

We were home by 8:15pm.  I had you two in fresh diapers, pajamas, and teeth brushed by 8:35pm.  I then went to brush my own teeth and heard Grace scream!  I came back and into you all's bedroom to see her crying and Joshua playing.  There was no blood but poor little Grace was wailing.  It took me a moment to see what had happened .... there was a big bite mark on her hand!  Joshua, you got a pop on your bottom (so then you were also crying).  Then, I had you kiss Grace to tell her you were sorry.  You really need to learn not to bite people.  By 8:50pm I had you two laying in bed.  Joshua, you were snoring by 9:10pm.  Grace, you weren't that far behind .... not bad for being by myself.  ;-) I took a shower once you both were fast asleep.  Daddy was home by 10pm.

Tomorrow's another work day, but I'll come home as fast as I can!  Penny will be gone (she'll be with her sister who's having eye surgery), so you all will have a Daddy Day.  :-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment