Sunday, April 15, 2012

First Sentence


Dearest Gifts~

Grace, once I left your room you woke up and cried from your toddler bed.  So, since you never fell asleep, and I was feeling sick, I just put you in bed with me all night.  Joshua slept all night and wandered into our room around 7am this morning. 

Once everyone was fed and ready for the day, we did some chores.  You two helped us clean the downstairs and the kitchen.  We ran the dishes.  Then, we swept and vacuumed the downstairs.  Also, we did a few loads of laundry.

You all had art time with crayons with me this morning as daddy mowed the lawn.  Then, we all had some lunch together.  Grace, you were so funny .... daddy went to get a banana to eat and you ended up eating over half of it!  Ha!  Plus, you had your other foods too!  Joshua, you however did not eat well .... again.  Hummm.  I wonder what's going on with your eating .... you were eating better prior.  :-P

Joshua, you did make me smile at lunch though .... we were all just sitting there eating and all of a sudden you said 'I love mommy' all by yourself and with no prompting!  Woo hoo!  Yea .... your first real sentence!  I love you too buddy!  That made my day!  I've been waiting for you to say that all my yourself!  :-)

Today was such a beautiful day!  We went for a walk after lunch and daddy went with us.  We went to the belltower again .... another 5 miles!  Go us!  We showed daddy the belltower and actually realized it's just a 'clocktower' and not an actual belltower.  Oh well.  It looks like a belltower, so we'll keep calling it that.  ;-)

We were home by 2:30pm.  Everyone got snacks and drinks.  Grandpa Jim came by to visit after since he was running some errands.  Then, we had some art and play time together.  As you were playing little man, you said 'I love mommy' and 'I love daddy' by himself!  Awww!  I gave you lots of kisses!  Grace can say 'mama' and 'dada' so she got kisses too!  ;-)

I made a veggie quiche for dinner.  Joshua, you ate some and 7oz of an apple/sweet potato mix .... wow!  This was much better than your eating this morning!  Since everyone did so well eating dinner, we made some chocolate chip cookies as you all played downstairs.  I also cooked some hotdogs for you all during the week .... Grace almost ate all the ones daddy grilled on friday! 

Everyone got baths this evening.  We saw that you all got sunburn on our walk.  I'll see how you all look tomorrow .... we may skip our walk if you're still red.  It's suppose to be hot tomorrow so we'll play it by ear.  Oh, Grace .... you gave a little 'toot' while in the tub!  You giggled and smiled afterward!  ;-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment