Friday, December 4, 2009

Seven Weeks

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweet thing! You are 7 weeks old today (37 weeks gestation)! And, you had an extra special surprise today .... your great-grandparents came to see you this afternoon! How exciting!

Before I get to that, let me tell you about your 9am feed. We tried breast feeding, and you took 8ml of milk. The rest of your feed I gave you in a bottle. At noon, the nurse fed you (since I wasn't there) and the nurse said you took 50ml in a bottle! Wow! Good job man! Since you're starting to get better with your feeds, the doctor has changed the order for you to be fed every 4 hours and not 3. That way, you can take in more at each feeding and can rest more between feedings. We're going to see how well you do with that. When I asked the nurse how much you weighed, she stated that at your last weigh in (last night) you were 4 lbs 10.4 ozs! :-) Such a big boy!

This afternoon your great-grandparents (mommy's daddy's parents) from Asheboro came to see you. They loved you! And, they both held you! I know it made their day to see, hold, and kiss you. And, you seemed quite happy too in their arms! ;-)

You're a lucky fellow .... you have such a large family! You have great-grandparents, grandparents, great aunts, great uncles, aunts, uncles, cousins, daddy and me! :-)


At 8pm, daddy came with me to see you. You took 18ml of milk by breast. Daddy gave you a bottle, and you took 24ml before falling asleep. The other 14ml went into your feeding tube. Tey have increased your feeding to 56ml since they changed your feeding to every 4 hours.

You were weighed again this evening and you had gained an ounce! You're now 4 lbs 11.4 ozs! Way to go! As long as you keep improving on your feeding, and start taking more milk in via breast or bottle, you'll be able to leave. I pray it won't be long!

I love you with all my heart!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment