Friday, December 11, 2009

Eight Weeks

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello precious thing! Today you are eight weeks old! You've come a long way since our first visit on October 16th. :-) You were only 2 lbs 4 ozs then, and needed help with breathing and eating. Now look at you! I'm so proud and excited!

Today daddy had off from work, so we went together to see you. You were sleeping soundly when we came to the hospital. Daddy picked you up and gently rocked you as you slept. After a while, you started to wake up since you were getting hungry. You smiled a lot at us today. We talked to you, and I played a game called "got your toes" which you appeared to enjoy!

We got to take your temperature and change you. Then, I got to give you a bottle. You took about 54 ml of milk before falling asleep. I got to hold you as you slept.

The nurses are excited that you're almost ready to come home with us, but sad because they will miss you. All the nurses love you. :-)

We're ready for you at the house. We don't have a big place, but I think you'll like it. You'll be staying in our room for a while. I picked up some books from my parents house to show you. They're books that they used to read to me and your uncle when we were little. Once you're home, I'll read them to you!

Keep resting little man. I'm counting down the days until you're home! It won't be long now! :-)

I love you with all my heart, sweet thing!

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited with how you've grown sweet Joshua!! Your mommy and daddy love you so much and are so ready for you to be with them at home!! You are a blessed angel..Love, Great Aunt POPS

    ReplyDelete