Thursday, December 3, 2009

Passed Another Test


Dearest Joshua David~

When I came to see you today, the nurse told me that you had passed a test that I didn’t even know you were having done today …. you passed your hearing test! Yippie! That’s one more thing we can check off the list of things to do before bringing you home. :-)

I held you for an hour prior to your 3pm feeding. You started to get fussy, so I took your temperature and changed you before the feeding.

I was expecting to try another breast feeding session with you, but the nurse offered to let me give you a bottle! You were given a bottle at the 3am feeding this morning, and you took 40 ml! Since then your feeding has increased to 42 ml.

The nurse showed me how to give you a bottle, since I had never given you one before …. this was your third bottle and I got to give it to you! I was so excited! You took the entire 42 ml! We used the slow flow nipple, which really worked well with you. They throw away the little bottles after the feedings, so when the nurse walked away, I took the bottle to bring it home! It’s so cute and I’m going to keep it to show you when you get bigger! I’m so proud of you! :-)

At 9pm, daddy came with me. We tried breast feeding, and you took 18 ml! And then I gave you the rest of your feeding in a bottle. Yippie!

The nurse weighed you before you left. You are now 4 lbs 9.2 ozs! Whoa! And your little outfit looked like it was getting snug. ;-)

Keep doing well! I want to take you home!

I love you baby Joshua

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Dearest sweet Joshua, Your great grandparents (your Grandpa Jim's parents) are coming to see you tomorrow. They are so excited!! I've told them to give me a full report on everything, that is, how beautiful you are and how you are growing strong and what an angel you are! Love, Great Aunt POPS

    ReplyDelete