Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Eye Surgery

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little precious one. Daddy and I came to see you tonight after your eye surgery. We actually ran into the doctor as we were scrubbing into the ICN. He said you did really well with everything. He took a really good look at the right eye and again stated that it could just be watched at this time. The right eye was showing signs of improvement, but he'll keep monitoring it as you get bigger. Your left eye showed some retinopathy on the distal aspect, so he went ahead and treated it. You'll be getting some more eye drops as the evening progresses. I'll need to take you to a follow up appointment next week to see him.

Since you had some anesthesia for the procedure, you were pretty tired for us. I tried to see if you would even take a bottle, but you weren't interested. The nurse said that she would try to give you something when you woke later. So, I just sat and rocked you as you slept in my arms. I told you I would hold you after your surgery! :-)

After holding you, daddy and I let you rest. You had a big day today, but you did well. I'm so proud of you!

We're taking each day as it comes. We're still anticipating you'll come home by the end of this week. I can't wait!

I love you dearly! :-)

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Joshua, Your mommy and daddy love you so much and want you home with them. That is going to happen so soon! You are so handsome and today is your beautiful mother's birthday. You are the best gift in the world!! I love you sweetest angel! And Happy Birthday to your loving, special, brave and wonderful mommy.. Love, Great Aunt POPS

    ReplyDelete