Thursday, December 17, 2009

First Pediatric Visit

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little sweetie! I wanted to remind you of how far you've come. Look and see what you were like, and what you went through, when you were born .... this picture was taken at the hospital the day you were born ....

And look at you now! You truly are my little miracle and blessing!

We had our first pediatrician visit today! You did really good. I had to wake you to feed you a little early so that you wouldn't get hungry in the office. You did have a poopy diaper once we got there, but I changed you before the nurse weighed you. ;-)

The doctor is really nice! She checked your reflexes, ears, listened to you, asked how well you've been with feeding, etc. She said you sounded good and you have nice reflexes. I talked with her for a little bit about how far we've come, and what was done in the hospital. She said to continue with the breast milk for now. We have another appointment on monday for another weight check to see if you need any fortifiers, but you appear to be doing well on just the milk. Also on monday, you'll get your 2 month shots. :-P I know, it won't be fun .... but it'll be good for you. She said you're doing well, and of course, that you were cute! ;-)

You slept in the car for both ends of the trip. I was a little nervous with you in the car by myself, but you drifted off with no problems.

Some of our Christmas gifts that we ordered came in the mail today. I helped you wrap yours. Daddy asked me what I wanted for Christmas, but I told him I only needed you. He agreed. So, you're our little Christmas gift! :-)

You did better last night. You're still getting into a routine, as am I, but I think we're making a good team so far!

Right now you're napping. Keep dreaming little fellow!

I love you!

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. That was a touching letter! I hope that Joshua will be able to read this letter when he grows up, so he will know how much his Mommy and Daddy loves him! And I’m glad that this precious little fellow was doing well. I wonder how he is now. But I hope that he’s fine so that his mom and dad will be happy that he is healthy!

    Regards,
    Chalice Lindgren

    ReplyDelete