Saturday, December 5, 2009

More Bottles

Dearest Joshua David~

Hello sweet thing! Look how cute you are (of course I'm biased since I'm your mother!). :-)

Daddy came with me for your 8am feeding this morning. We tried breast feeding and you set a record. You took 38 ml of milk by breast! Whoa! That's your best yet! Your feedings are suppose to be 56 ml, so you only needed 18 ml more. We tried to give you the rest in a bottle, but you worked so hard with the breast feeding that you were too tired. So, the remaining 18 ml had to go in your feeding tube. I promise that feeding tube will come out one day! Since you were so tired, daddy held you while the tube feeding went on.

At your 4pm feeding, gigi (mommy's mom) came with me. This time I gave you the bottle straight. You really took it down! You drank your entire feed of milk in about 25 minutes. Then, gigi held you.

The doctors and nurses say you're doing well. I'm hopeful you'll be home soon. You're doing really well with the bottles. There have been a few times where you didn't take the entire feeding by bottle and needed the feeding tube, but overall you're improving.

Christmas is coming little one. What do you want for Christmas? I want you home with me. :-) I know that several people have already gotten you things for the holidays. You are so loved!

You are so precious! Words can not express how blessed we are to have you in our lives! Keep doing well so I can take you home! :-)

I love you so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment