Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Birthday Wishes


Dearest Joshua David~

Thirty years ago today I had something in common with you .... I was also in a hospital. This hospital was located in Wilmington and it was a sunday. I was 7 lbs 9 ozs. You see, sweet thing, today is my birthday! And, what better way to celebrate it than with you. Unlike you, however, I was late (2 weeks past my due date).

When I came to see you today, there was a little card next to you that said "Mom" written in a heart. I opened it and the card read, "You make my heart sing .... Happy Birthday Mom .... Love and Kisses .... Joshua".


I just about cried when I saw it and read it! Two nurses came by and wished me a happy birthday and gave me a hug. :-) I held you and asked you how you managed to get that card and sign it all by yourself. It's still a mystery! I asked you if you had an accomplice, but you wouldn't say. In fact, you actually smiled back at me! Well, in any event, thank you for the surprise card! It really does mean a lot to me. And, to be able to hold and kiss you made my birthday perfect! I love you so much!

I spoke to the head nurse today. You're doing well, but they actually changed your release date. Last night, after your eye exam, you had a little dip in your heart rate for a few seconds. The nurse stated that it was likely just from the surgery, but the ICN policy states that babies need to be monitored for a few days (about 5) if that happens. So, you won't be coming home tomorrow. Instead, it will likely be monday, or tuesday. The eye doctor wanted to see you anyway for a post-operative check. This way, he can still see you in the hospital monday instead of bringing you to a different office. I didn't like the idea of not taking you home, but I would rather you be healthy. If it's better for you to stay a few more days, than I can wait. You'll come home in God's time when He says it's right. God will know when you are healthy enough and ready. We just need to be patient. :-)

I gave you a bottle this afternoon and you gulped it down. Then, I just held and rocked you. We talked for a little while, but then you fell asleep. Daddy came to meet us when he got off from work.

And, you're now 5 lbs 1.2 ozs! You broke the 5 pound barrier! :-)

I wish I could have taken you home with me, but I promise it won't be long. We're in the last stretch!

You are so precious to me!

I love you with all my heart! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment