Thursday, December 3, 2009

Less Active


Dearest Joshua David~

I have some news for you …. at 3am the nurse gave you your milk in a bottle and you took the entire thing …. so, you have taken your entire feeding by mouth, via bottle, the past three mornings at 3am! You are certainly showing improvement! :-)

For the 3pm feeding, we tried some breast feeding. You took 10 ml before getting tired. Then, I gave you the rest of your feeding in a bottle. It was a struggle to get you to take it all since you were tired from the breast feeding, but we managed to get it all down over time.

At 9pm, daddy came with me again. You were really fussy. I tried to breast feed you, but you weren’t interested. Once you got going, you only took 6 ml and then fell asleep. We couldn’t even give you a bottle for the rest. It had to be given through the feeding tube. So, daddy just held you for about an hour as you fell asleep. Maybe tomorrow you’ll be more active.

You’re certainly a cute little guy! Can’t wait to bring you home!

I love you so much! :-)

~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Crystal & David,

    I just wanted to let you know that I've been following all of your posts. I'm so happy for you guys - Joshua seems to be doing great and growing bigger so quickly! You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Brianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics with Great Grandma and Grandpa. I think they could just eat you up Joshua, you sweet baby!!!

    ReplyDelete