Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Flying Solo

Dearest Joshua David~

I think we did pretty good "flying solo" for your first 24 hours away from the hospital. It started out a bit rocky though .... I thought you'd never get to sleep! You're still adjusting to your new environment with different sounds and smells. You were awake every 2 hours starting at around 10pm last night. After 6:30am this morning, you settled down and slept until 9am. :-) Then, you were in a better routine of every 3-4 hours waking up. Now, with that being said, I guess we'll see how you do tonight!

I've been tracking your feedings and diaper changes. We go to the pediatrician's office tomorrow morning, and I'm sure they're going to want to see what you've been up to. I also have your discharge summary from the hospital to give to them. Oh, I forgot to tell you yesterday, you're a little over 18 inches long! When you were born, you were 14 inches.

We're both working out our daily routines. I got your laundry done and sterilized all your bottles between your feedings. I also did daddy's laundry and mine. I also tried to take naps when you were napping. That didn't always happen, but at least I'm trying.

After work, gigi came over and fed you. She showed me a different position on holding you when giving you a bottle.

I sang to you a little today. You gave me mixed reviews on the singing, so we'll keep coming back to that. :-)

Sleep tight little guy!

I love you so much! :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment