Thursday, June 24, 2010

House Confusion


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little on!  Thank you for sleeping better last night!  You didn't need a bottle until 7am this morning!  Whoa!

Today was an interesting day for daddy and I.  You know how we're suppose to close on the new house tomorrow?  Well, the seller apparently doesn't have his head on straight .... he still hasn't moved out yet!  His agent called (Great) Uncle Laurence and asked if the seller could rent back to us, and if we could continue with closing tomorrow.  Well, of course daddy and I wouldn't sign anything to purchase the house if the seller is still in there!  So, daddy was on the phone all day with (Great) Uncle Laurence, Frank (our attorney .... mommy and daddy went to school with him!), and the bank trying to figure all this out.  I was with patients all day, but my phone kept ringing with people leaving me messages and emailing me!  Frank and (Great) Uncle Laurence obviously were on our side .... don't sign anything!  So, we have a feeling our closing will be delayed and won't happen tomorrow!  

Also, while I was at work, the CSS (Central Showing Service) kept calling because an agent wanted to see the townhouse .... but they called at 1:30pm (while I was in a staff meeting) wanting to see the townhouse at 1:45pm!  Come on!  You and Penny were at the townhouse .... so daddy asked if the agent could push the time to 6pm.  The CSS never called us back to confirm.  In the meantime, I called your Gigi to come to the townhouse to help daddy after work in case an agent showed.  No one did. 

When I got home, Gigi was playing with you and daddy was washing bottles.  So, Gigi went back home to eat dinner and daddy and I were about to make something when the doorbell rang.  It was an agent saying she had an appointment to see the place from 6pm-7pm .... it was 6:45pm and no one confirmed with us!  Whoa .... I can't wait until all this townhouse and house stuff is over with!  :-P

On a lighter note, you and Penny had fun today!  You took a little nap, had some tummy time, and some floor time.  

In the evening, you, daddy, and I went to Target and Home Depot.  We needed to get some steel braided hoses for the washing machine.  We want to switch them out with the rubber ones so that it won't leak for the new tenant who ends up renting this place.  :-)

Well, tomorrow daddy has off, so we have "Family Friday!"  I hope it's a little calmer than today!  

Sleep tight little one!

I love you very much!

~Mommy

1 comment:

  1. We've had two house closings now, and neither have followed any kind of schedule. It's ridiculous, the things that come up at the end! (Once, they called the day the closing was supposed to happen, asking for bank account information from Lesotho!! "Uh, they don't give bank statements in Lesotho," says I. "How did you get your money?" they asked. "The ATMs," says I. "And you didn't keep your receipts?" they asked. I could do nothing but laugh!) But maybe this is someone trying to help prevent you from having to pay for two mortgages without a renter?! We squeaked by with only have to pay one month of double payments before we started getting rental income. It was a bit stressful, but it all worked out. I hope it's easier on you guys!!

    ReplyDelete