Thursday, June 10, 2010

Daddy's Helper


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie pie!  Today you spent the day with daddy!  How fun!  

The day started early though .... you woke up and needed a bottle around 2:30am this morning and then at 3am.  :-P  So, you definitely had an early start.  You and daddy were still sleeping when I left for work this morning. 

Daddy said you two had fun!  You guys did some tummy time and played together.  I got a bad report on your oatmeal though .... you apparently didn't want to eat it!  Oh well.  Maybe tomorrow you'll be better.  

When I got home, I got to hold and kiss you!  The three of us made a quick trip to the grocery store.  I walked around with you in the carrier.  You fell asleep as daddy and I walked around the store.  

This evening, you played on the bed with your toys and did some tummy time.  :-)

Tomorrow, the World Cup starts, so you and I can watch the soccer games while daddy's at work.  ;-)  

Sleep tight precious!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

-----------

Hey little guy~

As a special treat in celebration of your "day with daddy," you get a second letter today.  After mommy left for work this morning we really didn't sleep in that much longer, as I was up and changing you shortly after 8am.  However, since I usually get up at 6am for work, I enjoyed the opportunity to sleep in for a bit.  Now, had you just slept through the entire night, it would have really been a treat!

Like mommy mentioned, you did not want to eat the oatmeal I prepared for you this morning.  Maybe it was too lumpy for you, but I like my oatmeal lumpy and figured you would too!  Anyway, it was a shame to see all that delicious looking oatmeal, 4 tablespoons worth, have to go to waste - even the cat turned his nose up at it (makes me wonder what is wrong with my oatmeal?!).  You did take all your formula though, so you were content and ready for tummy time.  I have to say you are doing really well with your tummy time; you hold your head up really well and are doing great with your range of motion.

By mid-morning we were downstairs playing - you were in the floor with your various toys giggling away while I did some exercises on the Wii Fit.  When I turned off the Wii after doing some Yoga to stretch my back (my back has been injured many times in the past playing soccer), I noticed that ESPN2 was doing a 24 hour countdown to the World Cup!  Oh my! I ... errrr we were so excited!  See, the World Cup only comes around every four years and is the biggest sporting event in the World.  Entire countries literally shut down for an entire month when the best 32 soccer teams in the World take to the pitch.  In America though, we're usually pretty indifferent.  Your Uncle Brennan and I grew up playing soccer; so, we always anticipate the World Cup.  In fact, the only reason your Grandpa Watson even got cable television was so we could watch the World Cup in 1990!  After a few minutes of watching the soccer analysis you were fast asleep on my shoulder - you are a true American.  Oh well, you'll come around!!

Later in the afternoon, I decided that we should try a second round with the oatmeal.  This time I made it a bit on the runnier side.  You were initially not that interested, which was a bit frustrating - particularly since you so often clean your bowl for mommy.  However, you eventually calmed down and ate the better part of the bowl.  I guess you like your oatmeal on the runnier side - you must get that from your mommy.

Anyway, getting to spend the whole day with you was such a blessing.  I was so happy that I was able to get the day off from work and got to spend so much quality time with you - you are such an amazing little guy! Hopefully we'll get another "daddy day" soon!  

Love you buddy,

~Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment