Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Afternoon Nap


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello cutie!  You and I had a fun and relaxing day today.  :-)

This morning you took a little nap.  I wrote a thank you card for Gigi's coworker who gave us all the clothes for you that her son has now grown out of.  We'll see Gigi tomorrow, so I went ahead and wrote and card today so that she can bring it to work with her.  

We ordered daddy his Father's Day gift.  I think he'll like it.  This weekend we'll pick up some things for your two Grandpas also.  :-)

We did everyone's laundry today .... mine, daddy's, and yours!  :-)  I waited to do your laundry until after you had your oatmeal and rice cereal (since you always make a mess with those).  Speaking of rice cereal .... today was the biggest struggle to date!  You did well with the oatmeal in the morning (you ate 3 tablespoons) but you fought me the entire time when eating the rice cereal!  You eventually ate 4 tablespoons of it .... but we were both tired after that!  And, today was your first day eating 7 tablespoons of solid foods!  Woo hoo!  :-)

This afternoon you took another nap.  This time you slept for about 1 hour .... and I held you the entire time!  It reminded me of when you were still in the hospital and I would hold you for several hours, while you were all bundled up in your blankets.  You were so tiny and fragile then, and I always looked forward to holding you during those hours.  You've gotten so big since then, and daddy and I are so thankful for that!  We thank God for you and your health everyday!  :-)

Before daddy got home, we prepared dinner.  We went ahead and roasted some potatoes with veggies as a side, and then prepared some ground turkey to make burgers.  :-)  Once daddy got home, we all went for a 3 mile walk around the neighborhood, and then ate dinner together.  :-)

This evening I gave you a nice bath.  :-)  Then, you played on the bed, like you normally do, with your toys.  We also did tummy time together.  

Tomorrow I head back to work.  Penny is out of town this week with Mimi, so tomorrow you get to spend the day with Gigi!  Thursday, you get Daddy Day!  I know you're excited!  

Sleep tight little miracle!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment