Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Eight Months


Dearest Joshua David~

Guess what .... today you are eight months old!  I can't believe that eight months ago today daddy and I were in Wake Med and I was having an emergency C-section.  It all turned out well, but boy was it scary at the time.  Daddy and I didn't know what was going to happen .... or if you would be ok.  But, look at you now .... getting big and strong everyday!  We love you so much!  

You woke up very early this morning!  Daddy and I were up at 3:45am this morning giving you a bottle and trying to get you back to sleep.  You're beginning to make this more of a habit .... waking up at weird times in the morning hungry .... especially on days when daddy and I both have to go into work.  We're hoping you grow out of this phase soon.  :-)

You were still napping when Penny got here this morning.  And, I almost fell back asleep too because I curled up on the bed to watch you sleep before I left for work.  :-P  This is what you and Penny did:

9am:  cat nap
10am:  floor time, tummy time, and outdoor time on the deck
1pm:  sleeping
2pm:  floor time and tummy time

Penny said you felt a little warm at one point during the day.  I took your temperature when I got home, and you were a normal 97.3 degrees.  So, maybe you were working something out of your system.  

Daddy cooked dinner this evening.  Then, you had a bottle after dinner.  You ended up falling asleep and taking a little nap on me after the bottle.  

This evening, you played with your toys and did tummy time.  You took another little nap while taking a bottle late in the evening.  I put you down on the bed next to daddy, took a shower, came out, and you were still sleeping.  :-P  Then, I changed your diaper and you peed everywhere!  Oh well!

Tomorrow I head back to work again.  Penny is leaving a little early and Mimi is coming to watch you.  Save a smile and kiss for me!

Try to sleep a little better tonight!

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment