Monday, April 26, 2010

Six Month Shots


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little fellow!  Today was a less than spectacular day for the two of us.  Let me explain ....

This morning we went to the pediatrician's office and the doctor was impressed with your progress!  They weighed you, and you're 13 lbs 14 ozs .... just shy of 14 lbs!  Wow!  You've come a long way since your birth weight of 2 lbs 4 ozs!  :-)  You're 24.5 inches long and your head circumference is 40.8 cm.  

You showed off your tummy time to the doctor.  She said you were doing well and you almost rolled for her.  :-P  You haven't actually rolled yet, but I know it won't be long.  So, the doctor told us to start preparing the house and to "baby proof" everything.  This is hard for us since we're trying to sell and move!  :-P  So, we'll have to take it day by day .... but I promise we'll do everything in our power to keep you healthy and safe!  

We can start to introduce you to rice cereal now with your formula.  It will take you a while to learn how to eat via spoon, so this will be an interesting learning experience for us all.  You still need assistance with sitting up and keeping your head from wobbling, so we have to start slow to make sure your neck is correct when feeding.

The doctor said that development-wise, you're on track for a "corrected age" of 4 months, though some things you do is similar to a 6 month old!  You don't need to take the poly-vi-sol with iron multivitamin any more since you're on complete formula (which is iron fortified).  So, we'll just finish what's left in your bottle and then you'll be done.  The doctor will draw some blood at either your 9 or 12 month check up to see if you're still anemic. 

You had three shots today and had to drink a medication.  You got two bugs bunny and one daffy duck band-aid.  You cried with all the shots, but then stopped when I picked you up and held you.  :-)  You fell asleep when I drove you home.

When we got home, you played in your chair and did some tummy time.  Then, in the early afternoon, you started to scream and cry!  I couldn't calm you.  You won't take a bottle and won't respond to walking and rocking!  You didn't have a fever, but must have had some pain from the shots!  You cried and screamed so much, with little tears running down your cheeks, that I started to cry and I called your daddy!  Your daddy came home from work a little early and brought us some infant tylenol.  You took a little dropper and eventually fell asleep .... I'm sure you were tired from the crying .... poor little thing.  :-(  You appeared ok after your nap (I also took a tylenol after all your crying).  

Daddy left for a soccer game and was gone for about 4 hours until 11pm.  I gave you another bottle and you fell asleep on me for a little bit.  I just held and kissed you! :-)

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you so much!  

~Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Goodness, you're so big!! Congrats on your half-birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to see little rolls on his arms and legs after such a tiny start! :) Big boy!! He'll be in kindergarten before I meet him...I need to get down there!!!

    ReplyDelete