Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rice Cereal


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little sweetie!  Today was an adventure.  :-)

We had another developmental appointment with the Special Infant Care Clinic at WakeMed.  You have a case of "torticollis" which means you favor turning your head to one side .... the right.  You'll turn your head to the left, but not as much as the right.  That's why you still have a flat spot on the back of your head.  :-P  The doctor showed me some exercises to do with you and he told me to do more tummy time with you.  So, that's what we're going to try to do!  :-)  The doctor said that the torticollis is correctable, and everything else about you was "perfect."  ;-)  The nurse weighed you and you were over 14 pounds!  Woo hoo!  She said you were "big for a 30 weeker."  :-)

This morning, after the appointment, I gave you a nice bath.  We then went to pick up some groceries and made a quick trip to the Post Office for stamps.  

At the grocery store, I picked up some rice cereal for us to try today.  Boy, was that a mess!  I put 2 ounces of formula in a bowl and mixed the rice cereal in there.  You spit everything up!  We went through two bibs and one washcloth during the process and you still managed to spill it all over me and you.  :-P  In the end, you took half an ounce .... which I guess is good for the first time?  :-)  You're head is still a little bobbly, so I might wait another day or two to try again.  Also, you're not taking as much formula a day as you should be (at least 30-32 ounces before taking rice cereal .... you're closer to 28).  So, I might also wait until you're eating more a day.  

We did tummy time a lot more today.  You're definitely getting better and you don't complain as much.  


You ended up taking a nap between bottles this evening .... which meant we were up giving you bottles until 1am wednesday morning!  And, daddy and I both have to go to work on wednesday!  Ugh!  Maybe tomorrow night we'll get more sleep.  :-)

Sleep tight little one!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment