Friday, September 7, 2012

Sleep Study


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

Well, we were all up early with a baby biscuit appointment at the OB office.  Uncle James came over to watch you two as I ran out.  The office is only 5 minutes from our house, so I wasn't gone long.  The appointment was at 8:15am and I was back home at 8:35am.  

Everything went well.  My blood pressure was under control at 112/70.  There was no trace of protein in my urine and baby biscuit's heart rate was 150.  :-)  I've gained 20 pounds so far (I'm at 158.2 lbs .... whoa!) so I'm on my way for a 30 pound healthy pregnancy.  Also, our uterine height is 26cm, which is consistent with the number of weeks gestation we currently are.  So far so good!  :-)

You two had fun while I was gone.  There were deer in the backyard this morning.  You all played with blocks and Joshua had an ABC lesson with Uncle James.  He also counted to 10.  You two read stories together with Uncle James when I got home.  And Grace, you said 'apple' for me! 

Once we were done playing downstairs, we headed upstairs for some more fun.  I put a CD on for some music and you all did puzzles together. 

We all picked up some lunch and ate at Gigi's house with Uncle James.  Then, you all did some flash cards, more puzzles, and some drawing.  Before I knew it, you two were playing Gigi's piano!  

We got back home by 2:30pm.  Grace, you napped while Joshua played.  I ended up taking you both upstairs for naps, but then Grace woke up.  Joshua, you continued to fight a nap.  I couldn't get you two back down until 4pm! 

Once daddy got home, Joshua and I headed to UNC for his sleep study appointment.  Grace, you stayed with daddy at the house.  Little man, since you were premature, they wanted to check your breathing and lungs during this study.  This is also why you've been on the inhaler for the past month and a half.  You and I stayed at UNC overnight. 

Once we parked in the parking deck, I turned to you and said 'ok remember where we parked' .... you smiled at me, little man and then said 'Uncle James.'  ;-)  Well, at least you smiled!  ;-)

Your appointment was at 6:30pm.  We got to the patient registration area right at 6:27pm.  Your room looked like a little, tiny hotel room.  ;-)  There was a full size bed, a pull out chair, a television, and bathroom.  We both fit on the bed, so we didn't have to use the pull out chair.  We saw at least two other girls having a sleep study too in other rooms.

I brought you a little dinner, so you ate on the bed as the nurse spoke to us.  At 7:30pm, he came back in and put around 25 electrodes on your body .... it took over an hour and you were not happy!  You kept saying 'all done' and I had to keep wiping your little tears and nose (though there was nothing that was hurting you .... you just didn't know what was going on).  There were electrodes on your head, back, arms, legs, and face.  The last thing that was placed was a nasal cannula.  It was over around 8:45pm.  You calmed down in my arms and then I put a soccer game on the tablet for you to play.  We watched two Dora episodes and then we drifted to sleep.  

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment