Thursday, December 30, 2010

Double Overtime



Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  Well, this morning you out did yourself .... you were awake from 2am to 3:30am.  You finally took a full eight ounce bottle before starting to drift back to sleep.  I was so exhausted at work today!  At least you and daddy got to stay here to relax.  You two were still sleeping when I left for work.

You had another Daddy Day here while I was gone.  Daddy's back started to hurt this morning so Uncle Brennan came over to help out for a few hours.  When I got home, you were sleeping!  That's a pretty late nap buddy because I got home around 6:45pm.  I got to feed you some broccoli and cheese, cheerios, and a bottle for dinner.  

I brought home something 'fun' for dinner.  We haven't gone to the grocery store yet, so our options at the house were a little limited for cooking.  :-P  I brought home some chicken sandwiches with french fries.  We'll go to the store tomorrow and do more cooking, so this was our last 'fun' meal of 2010!  

This evening, we watched the UNC football bowl game .... it went into double overtime against Tennessee and we won!  It was very exciting, though, since I was so tired from the day and your morning adventure, I was falling asleep!  You fell asleep with me.  But, daddy woke me for the overtime so I could see the end.  I played with you while the game was on and you manged to pull my glasses off and bend my frames.  :-P  One or two more instances like that and I'll need to get new glasses.  

I noticed a few things about you as I was watching you play next to me .... you can crawl backwards now .... you can better get into a sitting position (sitting straight on your bottom and not just on your knees) by yourself from a crawling position (I saw you do this a few times) .... and you're better able to place toys down, though you're still mainly throwing things.  ;-)  We also practiced standing independently a little while we were playing.

I saw another preemie at work today!  She's four years old now, but she was born at 32 weeks gestation.  I asked the mother what happened so see if the same thing occurred, but this mother had her water break that early!  I told her about you and swapped a new NICU stories.  We are so blessed to have you and Peanut!  Speaking about Peanut, I enjoy feeling and seeing little Peanut kick and move everyday.  Some times, if I catch it, I'll show daddy when Peanut is kicking because you can see my stomach move!  

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve!  We'll see if we make it to watch the count down to the New Year of 2011 .... I might have to take a nap!  ;-)

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment