Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Gift


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little man!  Ok, we need to work on this .... you woke up again between the hours of 2am and 3am .... again!  We tried to let you cry and calm yourself.  Then, daddy walked over to your bed and you were already standing up!  Ugh!  I wonder when you'll realize that you should be sleeping at that time.  :-P  We couldn't leave you standing there crying and staring at us, so we picked you up and calmed you in bed again.  This is going to have to stop at some point, little man.  :-P

You were also wide awake before Penny got here this morning.  Daddy and I gave you cereal with apple juice and then your bottle before she walked through the door.  :-P  For Penny, you ate some baby cheerios, apple juice and water in sippy cups, half a baby cookie, some apple sauce, some more of your chicken noodle, and your bottles.  We told her about your new formula mix.  

You had floor time in the morning with your toy blocks.  She also read you some stories and had some music time.  :-)  You took a nice nap in your crib this afternoon.  We're all still working on you feeding yourself the cheerios and holding the sippy cup.  You always need someone else to hold these or place the cheerios in your mouth.  :-P

This evening, I got home a little late .... there was a UNC basketball game at 7pm and I squeaked home just in time.  :-)  Daddy and I had a little homemade pizza for dinner while watching the game.  We won!  Woo hoo!

Oh, daddy came home to an interesting situation .... we had to have something fixed on our yard irrigation system a few months ago (something that the previous owner was suppose to do and then we got stuck with it per the City of Raleigh!) .... and with the recent frost and cold weather, the backflow piece busted and we had water leaking on the side of the house!  Daddy tried to turn things off as best he could and then contact the company, but he hasn't gotten a response yet.  :-P  So, we'll see what happens.  

You got something in the mail today!  You got a Christmas gift in the mail from my (Great) Aunt Lora!  She is my Nana's sister (Gigi's mommy).  My Nana, unfortunately, passed away in 2001 .... she would have loved you very much .... but she watches you everyday from heaven and is so proud of you!  :-)  We didn't open it yet .... we put it in the living room with your other gift for Christmas .... maybe daddy will let you open one early.  ;-)

Today was one of my coworker's birthday!  She turned 45, but she looks younger.  You've met her .... we call her your 'Tia Hilsy' which is spanish for 'aunt' .... since she's from Honduras.  I signed her birthday card from you, which she thought was cute!

Tomorrow is my birthday!  Remember my birthday last year .... you were still in the hospital.  We were hoping you'd be home by my birthday, but daddy and I still got to spend a few hours with you before seeing family for dinner.  You gave me the cutest card last year and it was tucked away next to you waiting for me to come and see you.  ;-)

I have to head to work tomorrow, but I'll be able to play with you before and after .... and we can celebrate more over the weekend too .... I like to celebrate my whole birthday month!  ;-)

Sleep tight little precious!

I love you very much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment