Thursday, October 22, 2009

Kangaroo Care


Dearest Joshua David~

Today was a great day at the hospital! :-) Your daddy and gigi (mommy's mom) took me to see you around 3pm today. Once we scrubbed in to see you, the nurse offered to let me hold you again! I first held you on the 19th around 4pm. I held you for an hour and you were all curled up in a blanket. :-) Today, I got to do "Kangaroo Care" where we hold each other skin-to-skin! I sat in a chair and held you against my chest from 3:30pm to 6pm! You were so cozy and comfortable. Every once in a while you would wiggle your hand around like you were waving. I kissed you on your head and you yawned and opened your eyes a little. I love holding and touching you! Your daddy and gigi took some pictures and videos.

You're still off the phototherapy. They turned down your O2 level on the CPAP, and the doctor said you may be off it in the next few days. You're breathing room air, so you're doing well. In fact, the nurses say you sometimes pull your CPAP off, but you're stable without it! The CPAP is basically "reminding" you to breath, though you appear to be doing well on your own.

While I was holding you, the nurse took your temperature and fed you. You have a little feeding tube that goes into your mouth and you're fed every 3 hours. You get fed 2ml of mommy's milk each time. It'll make you stronger and healthier so eat up!

The doctor came in while I was holding you and stated that you were doing really well. You're gaining weight bit by bit. Can't wait until you're bigger and we can take you home! :-)

Your daddy and I love you so much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment