Saturday, October 16, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday!


Dearest Joshua David~

One year ago today, we were given a miracle from God .... you, precious treasure, came into the world and our lives have never been the same!  Happy 1st Birthday Joshua David Watson!  You are truly a miracle and blessing from God!  Daddy and I love you very much, and we pray for you and Peanut each and everyday.  :-)

As soon as you woke up, daddy picked you up and put you on the bed .... then, we sang "Happy Birthday" to you!  You smiled and clapped .... which we appreciated since we aren't the best singers!  ;-)  I put you in a special onesie that says "My First Birthday" and we used a bib all day that says "Birthday Boy" .... both of which Mimi gave you!  Then, you had a special birthday breakfast .... well, it was your usual bottle, but you gulped it down anyway!  You slept better last night .... you didn't wake up crying and you slept in your own bed.  You still woke up sounding congested, and still have a small runny nose here and there, but you have no fever.  Overall, you appear to be feeling ok.

So, daddy and I got ready and we left the house around 10am to take you to your very first visit to the North Carolina State Fair!  We got caught in some traffic, but eventually found some close parking .... got you comfy in the stroller .... and were walking around seeing all the sights by 11am.  We got to see cousin Stephanie working in one of the food stands .... she wished you a happy birthday and gave daddy and I some fried oreos!  Ha!  They were pretty good too!  ;-)

Grandpa Jim and Uncle James came later, but we walked around a little with them too.  We saw so many people walking around!  You got to see all the rides .... hear all the sounds .... smell all the fried food (they don't really have anything too healthy there by the way!) .... but you fell asleep in the stroller once we brought you in to see some of the animals.  :-P  

It started out pretty cool, but then the weather got warmer as we walked around.  We were back at the car and heading out around 4pm.  Daddy and I had some tired feet by then!  

We took you over to Mimi's house afterward.  Your (Great) Aunt Allyson (Mimi's sister) is visiting and helping Mimi .... so she got to meet you!  You got to open some presents there and show off your birthday outfit (not to be confused with your 'birthday suit' which you also showed off later in the evening when daddy and I gave you a bath!).  :-P  

We left late, so daddy and I picked up sandwiches on the way home, and we ate upstairs while watching you play.  :-)  

I can't believe it's been a full year since you were born .... time has flown by so fast!  I remember so vividly being sent to the hospital .... not really understanding what was going on .... I don't know what I would have done if your daddy hadn't been with me for that 30 week appointment.  He stayed with me until they took you and I away to the operating room .... and he immediately followed you to the ICN (Intensive Care Nursery) once you were born.  I wish I could have held you once you were out, but you needed to get bigger and healthier .... and everything was worth the wait!  I get to hold you now and cover you with kisses .... and I can't wait to do the same for little Princess Peanut.  :-) 


You've come a long way from 2 pounds 4 ounces!  ;-)

Happy Birthday to my precious son .... I love you more than you'll ever know .... forever and ever!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment