Monday, September 12, 2011

Pops On The Bottom


Dearest Blessings~

Grace, you slept in your bassinet all night long!  I put you down on your belly and you stayed sleeping.  I know you're suppose to go down on your back, but you roll over now and wake up if placed on your back.  I checked on you throughout the night and you kept on sleeping.  Daddy's work alarm went off this morning and you were still sleeping.  So, he gently woke you by changing your diaper.  Then, I nursed you.  I was happy to nurse you since I was in a little pain.  :-P

Joshua, you ate part of a cookie this morning and then threw it.  I cooked more hotdogs this morning for the rest of the week, so I hope you eat those.

We all played in the morning before getting ready for Joshua's speech therapy appointment with Kim.  We organized some things around the nursery and hall bathroom.  I had a CD going with some music playing in the background.  :-)  Oh, and we saw three deer in the backyard this morning!

Joshua, you did well for Kim today!  We used the picture cards and you liked them!  You had to hand her, or me, the card with the picture of the object that you wanted.  You're such a smart kid!  You're still learning to distinguish between two cards on which one you want.  She gave me some more cards to use at the house.  We have to really buckle down and use them so that you can better communicate with us when you want something.

Also, you like to open and close all the doors around the house.  :-P  You must have gotten taller because you weren't able to reach the handles prior. 

My stomach was very painful after lunch today and Joshua would not listen to me nor follow directions.  It was very frustrating.  I had to take some medication for my stomach and the last thing I needed was someone having little tantrums.  :-P

Joshua, you fought a nap this afternoon.  I tried rocking you and singing to you.  You kept hitting and screaming.  I didn't think my singing was that bad, but perhaps I was wrong.  :-P  I ended up rocking you to sleep as you drank some milk.  It was 3:30pm.

Daddy grilled some chicken and corn for dinner.  It was good!  Then, we all played.  Grace, you tried some oatmeal this evening.  You didn't eat much though.  You're still learning how to move your tongue around to chew and take food in.

Joshua, I have to admit you tried my patience today.  You threw so many toys and food today that I got tired of it.  I had to pop your bottom several times.  I'm sorry, but I hope you learn it's not nice to throw toys at people.

Grace, I cut your nails this evening before bedtime.  Daddy read us stories before you all drifted off to sleep.  Tomorrow Joshua sees the feeding team at Rex Hospital, so I hope everything goes well at that appointment. 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment