Monday, September 19, 2011

Congested


Dearest Blessings~

Hummm .... sick people everywhere!  By 1am we were giving Joshua tylenol and rubbing vicks on his chest so he could breathe better.  He was so congested!  Poor little man!  Runny nose, sneezing, couldn't breath.  We felt so bad for him.  He stayed in our bed between us as he tried to sleep.

By 4am Grace was up.  Daddy changed her ad then I nursed her.  We were so tired!  It was hard to keep our eyes open!  I ended up holding you, little lady, for the rest of the night so I could get some sleep.

When Joshua woke back up, I gave him some more tylenol.  You wanted to play but you were sneezy with a runny nose and obviously congested.  How do you tell a toddler that he needs to rest and lie down to get better?  :-P

We had some music time downstairs in morning.  I nursed Grace and Joshua took a sippy cup.  I left a message earlier in the day (before offices were even open) to cancel Joshua's appointment with Kim.  I felt it better for him to try to get better than to pack everyone up for his speech therapy appointment.  If he feels better tomorrow, then we'll see Mary Beth and Kim then.

You all helped me with a few activities this morning.  We baked some potatoes, Grace ate more sweet potatoes, I brushed Joshua's teeth, we did some laundry, and then we ran the dishes.

I read and rocked Joshua as Grace played in her swing.  Joshua looked and acted tired but didn't fall asleep.  So, we went back downstairs for some more music and play time.  I had to keep a towel with me all day to continually wipe Joshua's nose.  :-P

By 1pm everyone had a cleaned diaper and new outfit on .... there was snot everywhere .... Joshua and I had it on our shirts so I just decided to change everyone.  Also, I gave Joshua his third dose of tylenol.  By 1:30pm, everyone was napping.  Joshua didn't nap very well since he was congested.  He woke up periodically since he couldn't breathe .... poor little thing!

At 3pm Grace was crawling all around and was everywhere in the play room.  I was holding a sick little Joshua on the couch.  He was warm and still trying to sleep but couldn't.  :-(

We had more music and play time downstairs this afternoon.  You two are playing with each other more!  It's so cute to watch!  I sat on the couch and just observed you two for a long time and your interactions together!  Grace is always trying to follow or copy Joshua.  And, Joshua looks for Grace!  Every once in a while he hands her a toy, but he's still learning how to share.

We had leftovers for dinner and everyone got a bath once back upstairs.  We ended up giving Joshua one more round of tylenol before bed and I cut Grace's nails.  We attempted Joshua's nails, but he wasn't cooperative.

Daddy read to us before bed.  I hope you all sleep better tonight!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment