Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Woof Woof


Dearest Blessings~

Today we had a fun morning with Penny!  And, Uncle Brennan showed up to visit as well.  He needed to borrow the lawn mover (which isn't even ours .... we're borrowing it from Grandpa Mike!) so he came mid afternoon to pick it up and see you all.  Joshua, you showed Penny and Uncle Brennan how you can walk and play in the grass.  You all went up to the neighbor's fence and saw the dog, Buddha, too!  He barked at you all and Joshua apparently tried to copy Buddha back!  Penny and Uncle Brennan said that Joshua kept saying 'woof woof' when Buddha would bark!  How precious!  I missed it because I was inside watching and nursing Grace.  But, I'm sure he'll do it again for daddy and I.  :-)

Joshua, you've started to wave more.  For a while there you stopped waving, but now you're doing it again.  :-)  Also, you and I sang together .... we sang your 'nanana' song as I nursed Grace.  :-)

Grace, we all tried to help you with your tummy time today.  Penny and I were on either side of you encouraging you to turn your head.  Joshua even tried to help though it eventually went off to play with a toy.  :-P

Today was such a hot day!  We had the air conditioner on during the day and the ceiling fans.  The play room gets hotter since it's over the garage.  So, I wanted to make sure you all weren't getting too hot as you napped and played.

Grace, I gave you a nice little bath this evening.  Your hair got all fluffy again.  It was so cute!  ;-)

Daddy got home late again from work.  We had dinner already made though .... chicken and pasta.  Plus, Joshua actually ate some pasta with us!  You didn't eat much of a lunch so I was so happy!

Daddy read to us at bedtime again.  Joshua, you're still not sleeping in your crib during the night.  You make it to about 2am and then start crying.  :-P

Grace, I tried giving you a little bottle again this evening.  This time it wasn't so smooth .... you fussed, wined, complained, and cried.  Daddy had to put you in your swing for you to calm down!  Then, once you were out of the swing, I just nursed you, though I don't know if you really ate anything, or just soothed yourself with me.  I guess we'll try again tomorrow.

I got really depressed today when I sat down and started thinking about going back to work and leaving you two.  This has been such a blessing to be home with you both.  I go back to work in two weeks!  I was cooking dinner and got sad!  Joshua was playing and Grace was crying because she was getting hungry.  I actually smiled and enjoyed all the noise around me!  I will miss it in two weeks .... I love you two so much!  I wish I had more time with you both!  At least I'll only be gone for two days a week. 

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you so much!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment