Saturday, April 30, 2011

Good Tummy Time


Dearest Joshua David and Grace Elizabeth~

This was a sleepless morning .... here's how the morning broke down ....

1:30am - Grace was hungry so I picked her up, changed her diaper, and then nursed her
3:30am - Grace got hungry again .... another diaper change and nursing session, but she fell asleep
4:44am - Back up again since Grace realized she had fallen asleep still hungry
5:30am - Now I'm hungry!  I go downstairs to eat a bagel .... at this point I am very tired
7am - Grace is stirring but stays asleep
7:30am -  Hear daddy get up and go downstairs
8:30am - Grace up again and hungry

Needless to say I got no sleep, nor did I have a chance to nap during the day.  :-P

Some good news though .... Grace, you're doing really well with your tummy times!  You turned your head to the right and the left lots of times.  You fussed and fussed while doing so, but you did it!  Yippie!  Good job!  We have to continue to practice this everyday.  Joshua helps to encourage you!

Today we ran some errands around town.  We went to Lowe's to check out the lawn mowers.  We don't have one, and Grandpa Mike is still fixing his.  Daddy wants to mow the lawn this weekend while the weather is nice, so we scoped out what was in stock in case we needed to buy one.  I stayed in the car and watched Grace smile and listened to her coo's.  I thought she would get hungry, which is why we stayed in the car, but she played instead.  :-)

We made a quick trip to AC Moors after (a craft store) to get some ideas for Gigi's gift.  I think I have an idea on how to put it all together, so you all can help me with that this afternoon.  

Lunch was at Shane's Rib Shack .... we've all been there before.  Joshua, you liked the 'mac & cheese' but you poo-poo'ed some of the other foods.  Oh, you also liked the french fries.  :-P  At this point, we nudged Grace to see if she would take a little bit from a bottle.  We were outside enjoying the weather (they have lots of seats out there over looking a pond).  There were lots of other people out there taking advantage of the weather as well.  Grace, you took 2 ozs and then fell asleep.  Joshua, you loved looking at the ducks and the huge fish in the pond.  :-)

We finished our errands off at Target.  Here, we got groceries and things for the house.  It's time to change the air filters again, so we picked some up.  We also got a new bottle to try for Grace (this will be our 5th bottle and 4th nipple) and a cute shirt for Joshua.  :-)

Grace, you had the biggest poopy diaper ever .... I know I've said this before .... but this one really tops it!  ;-)

We worked on Gigi's gift this afternoon as daddy did things on the computer.  Joshua, you fought a nap so much that you fell asleep in my arms at 6pm after we tried to give you dinner.  I let you sleep on a pillow until 7pm.  Then, we woke you up and got you to eat a little something.  Daddy had made pancakes for dinner.  

We were able to finish the Narnia movie this evening.  Then, we all got ready for bed.  Daddy read us stories, and Joshua still fought sleep.  Eventually everyone fell asleep .... but pretty late!  I hope to get more sleep too!  :-P

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment