Monday, April 18, 2011

Discharged


Dearest Blessings~

What a busy day!  First, I had an OB appointment and then Joshua had his physical therapy appointment.  Grace, you had no appointments, but you had to be present for both of them!  ;-)

My OB appointment was my last follow up visit.  And, I don't need to go back for another year!  Since I didn't think Joshua would like being contained in a stroller and the exam rooms are small, I had Uncle James come over to watch Joshua when I was gone.  I was only gone for about 45 minutes (short appointment) so you two couldn't get into that much trouble!  ;-)  The MD said everything looked fine and I was healed!  Woo hoo!  The MD also said that Grace looked 'like an angel' as she slept in the corner.  You cried at the last appointment, remember?  Before we walked in, you actually had the hiccups so I had to rock you and walk around with you in the parking lot.  Then, once you were calm, I put you back in the car seat and went to my appointment.  You fell asleep in the waiting room.  Good job little lady!  ;-)

As I was gone, Uncle James walked all around the house with Joshua.  You two made a 'fort' out of the couch cushions and looked out the window at the neighbor's dog.  You two had cartoons on when Grace and I got back home.

We drove Uncle James back since he was dropped off by Gigi (who visited for a little bit before going to work).  We saw so much debris on the roads and in subdivisions from the tornadoes over the weekend.  I heard on the news that 4 children were killed.  That's so heartbreaking!  I can't even imagine what those families are going through.  I'm so grateful that you two are healthy and safe!

I thought I had enough time to take Uncle James back with no problems, since you two were content  when I got home .... but, Grace started to cry as we drove and continued to cry during the entire trip.  :-P  And, of course, I hit every red light imaginable on that drive!  Plus, you wouldn't believe it .... but we also got stopped by a train!  Ugh!  It was miserable!  :-P

Once back home, everyone had a quick diaper change and Joshua had a sippy cup.  I nursed Grace and everyone was content for a while.  

Eliza came over for Joshua's physical therapy.  Remember how you didn't want to walk on grass by yourself yesterday at the park?  Well, you not only walked for Eliza on the grass, you crawled, played, and picked up toys on the grass!  You picked up toys from standing without getting to your knees.  You stood by yourself!  You never cried!  You were throwing a ball around on the grass and then chasing it!  I was so impressed and proud!  You also had good neck rotations.  So .... you got discharged from physical therapy!  There are still things that we need to practice, but you don't need intervention with a therapist anymore!  Woo hoo!  We all gave Eliza a hug before she left and thanked her for all the work she's done over the past year with you!  You started therapy on May 7th 2010 and finished today!  If we notice any problems in the future, we're free to call her, but I'm praying we won't need to.  You go back to the Special Infant Care Clinic in July to see the neonatologists again.  Hopefully they won't find anything either.

Joshua, you had a late nap (I did some chores, read, and cleaned a toilet .... fun times!) and late dinner.  Daddy got home late from work and helped feed Joshua since I ended up nursing Grace.  We had breakfast foods for dinner and Joshua had some eggs.  :-)  Afterward, we finished the 'Great Muppet Caper' and then relaxed.  :-)

Tomorrow is Joshua's 18 month check up with the pediatrician.  We'll she what she says about your eating and weight.  I wish you'd eat more!

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment