Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Hair Clip


Dearest Miracles~

Hello little precious children!  Today was our first full day home together as a new family of four.  :-)  I have to say, in my opinion daddy and I did pretty well flying solo today.  

Grace, you had four, huge poopy diapers today .... which also included several outfit changes and changing table clean ups.  Oh, you can ask your brother Joshua .... since I'm your mother, I'll allowed to talk about anything .... including your poopy diapers.  ;-)  

We called your Great-Grandma and spoke to her briefly.  She can't wait to see everyone.  We still have Christmas gifts at her house because of the snow storm this year!  :-P  

I have some bruising around my staples now, but it's not as much as when I had Joshua.  I knew what to expect this time with the C section, so I tried to take it easier.  I have an appointment on monday to get the staples removed.  Yippie!  I've also noticed some swelling around my ankles and feet now.  They look like elephants.  If it continues, then I'll call the OB office to make sure things are ok.  But, I'm hoping it's just this retained fluid from the pregnancy.

Speaking of appointments, Grace, you have your first pediatrician appointment with Dr. Medero (she also sees Joshua) tomorrow morning.  Mimi will come to watch Joshua as daddy and I take Grace.  

Oh, Grace, you've been sneezing a few times the last couple of days.  Don't worry, you don't have a cold .... but your sneezes are so cute and precious!  I remember when your brother would have those little sneezes in the hospital.  

I brushed Grace's hair this morning and placed a little hair clip in there just for fun.  ;-)  I'm not that good with hair and 'girly' things, so you and I will have to practice as you get older.  

I also put you down for two little 'tummy times' today.  Both times you cleared your head from the right to the left!  Good job little lady!  :-)  You and I are also doing pretty well with nursing so far.  We'll see what the pediatrician says tomorrow, but I'm hoping we won't have to supplement you with anything.  Let's see if we can just keep nursing for as long as possible so you get healthy and strong!  :-)

Daddy had a soccer meeting this evening, so Grandpa Jim and Uncle Brennan came over to help.  The main thing I need help with is lifting Joshua.  I still can't lift you, little man, so other people have to help move you to the changing table or down the stairs (you can always crawl up the stairs if need be).  ;-)

We all visited in the bonus room until daddy got back.  Then, daddy and I got everyone ready for bed.  We'll see how you all sleep tonight.  Grace, you and I were up a lot!  :-P

I love you both dearly!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment