Monday, May 9, 2011

Organizing


Dearest Miracles~

Grace .... my oh my .... you woke up at 1am for a feeding this morning.  :-P  I had to do a 'double take' at the clock when you started to stir!  

Then, at around 3am, you woke again with the hiccups!  I guess I was so tired that I didn't burp you well enough.  I try to hold you for a little after feeding you, but I must not have waited long enough this time.  Anyway, you ended up using me as a pacifier until you drifted back to sleep.

Boy, did we do a lot of organizing today!  I went through a lot of boxes in the dining room to clear up some space.  We still need a china cabinet to put away all the dishes we got from our wedding.  I broke down some boxes for recycling.  I moved some instruments in the play room.  Joshua keeps tugging on the acoustic guitar strings and hitting the banjo, so I moved them and consolidated instrument racks.  I also moved a small table from the living room to the entry way.  It's actually a nightstand, but I don't think anyone will notice.  ;-)  Plus, by moving the table, it makes the living room 'appear' a little bigger.  Then, I moved a bookshelf from the play room into the front bedroom and put Grace's swing on that side of the room.  I made a little area for tummy time next to the swing, but Joshua kept wanting to play with the 'baby toys' so I had to move some things again.  :-P  Whew!  I got my exercise today!  ;-)

Oh, with all the organizing, I did have to vacuum a few areas.  Joshua, you still acted scared and whined a little, but you didn't cry like you did a few days ago.  Maybe you're getting use to it, or at least the noise.  

Joshua helped me check the mail today.  Buddha was out because the neighbor was babysitting a little boy and they were playing in the front yard.  He came up to us and licked Joshua!  I was holding him so he didn't get scared (even though the dog is over 77 lbs!).  This was the first time he's seen the dog outside the fence!  Speaking of pets .... today is the cat's 7th birthday!

So, I'm getting creative with these leftovers from the weekend.  Just so you know, coleslaw on a baked potato is pretty good.  ;-)

Joshua, you didn't eat much for breakfast or lunch.  :-P  You did eat some hotdog for dinner though for daddy.

When Joshua took his nap this afternoon, I walked around with Grace and we did some tummy time.  You would fuss if I put you down, little lady!  Oh, and don't think I forgot your Mother's Day surprise throw up incident .... I did the laundry today after rinsing my shirt last night!  :-P

Your umbilical cord granuloma is still present on your belly button little Grace.  I'm going to have to call the pediatrician for another evaluation tomorrow.  I wish it had come off.  But, we'll just see what she has to say about it.

Since you two didn't nap at the same time today, I didn't get a nap either.  There's 'no rest for the weary' today!  ;-)

I finished the ice cream cake from yesterday with daddy this evening.  Joshua didn't want any.  I bet when you're older you'll beg us to pick up an ice cream cake from the grocery store!  Just wait!  :-)

Sleep tight little ones!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment