Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Separation Anxiety


Dearest Joshua David~

I'm afraid you have developed something that we need to find a way to cure .... separation anxiety.  You will not go to sleep, or stay asleep, without help from daddy or me holding you.  We put you in your bed at midnight this morning (you had fallen asleep on daddy), and then you immediately started to scream!  I held you until 1:44am .... you were sleeping soundly .... I put you back in your bed and you started to scream again!  You would NOT sleep without someone there!  I put you in your crib and you screamed from 2-3am.  We also had given you a bottle and changed you, so you weren't hungry or wet .... but you still screamed!  I finally couldn't take it anymore and picked you up at 3am.  You fell asleep around 3:30am.  Daddy and I both had to wake up at 6am for work today.  You were a "bad" boy this morning, and daddy and I were so tired at work!

You, on the other hand, did a lot of napping with Penny today!  Here's what you all did:

8am:  sleeping - fell asleep by yourself on the floor
10:20am:  walk to the park- you like the swing and met a new friend named Madeline
11am:  floor time and turned over from front to back
11:45am:  sleeping - fell asleep by yourself on the floor
3:45pm:  sleeping - fell asleep by yourself on the floor
4:15pm:  outside - hot and humid
4:40pm:  floor time

I got home late from work this evening.  Daddy made dinner and we ate together while you played.  This evening, you played with your toys and did tummy time.  I gave you 4 tablespoons of barley this evening around 9pm with your formula to see if that would help you sleep through the night better.  I guess we'll see!  

Tomorrow you'll be with Penny again!  Continue to save those cute smiles and precious kisses for me!

Sleep tight (daddy and I are tired!).  :-P

I love you!  :-)

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment