Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Back In NC


Dearest Blessings~

Grace, you woke up at 11pm last night.  I nursed you and then held you until 1am.  I couldn't keep holding you because I wasn't getting any sleep and I needed to be able to drive back to Raleigh.  Since Joshua was in the bed, I decided to move you.  Sorry little man!  Daddy helped put Joshua on some big couch cushions on the floor (we essentially made a twin bed) with a blanket and a pillow.  Grace, I don't know why you won't sleep in the pack and play.  You just cried and cried!  I think I eventually fell asleep around 2am.  I was back up and nursing you at 6:20am.  Everyone was awake by 7am.  :-)

We rode back to NC with Aunt Katie.  We only made one stop to gas up the car.  You all did pretty well again, but you started to get antsy right before we got to Gigi's house.  At that point I wanted to get out of the car too!  ;-)  

Aunt Katie's car was at out house, so we stopped there first.  I changed the water for the cat (he's living on our screened in porch) and I briefly spoke to the floor person.  There was one lady there putting a finishing coat on the hardwoods downstairs.  The final coat will be applied tomorrow, so we'll be able to walk on the floors on Thursday.  We can start moving furniture back on Friday, but we have to avoid laying down large area rugs for a while (10-20 days) as large rugs could keep the finish from curing properly.  We don't have any large rugs, but we'll eventually get one for the living room.  We'll probably do that around Christmas to give the floor time to cure.  But you can have people in the house on Thursday, but we'd have to make people take off their shoes.  :-) 

We were at Gigi's house by lunch time.  Joshua, you had some art time with Gigi and Uncle James afterward.  You threw some crayons and Grace almost put them in her mouth.  :-P

Joshua, you REALLY fought a nap this afternoon.  Gigi and I both tried .... but you did have fun giggling with Gigi as she tried to get you to sleep.  Grace, you played peek a boo with Gigi.  Daddy was back at Gigi's after 4pm.  Joshua, you finally went down for a nap at 5pm!  By then everyone was tired after driving today and yesterday.

Gigi gave you both baths this evening.  She said her house was way too quiet yesterday when you two were gone.  She was happy to have you both back this afternoon!  ;-)

Sleep tight you two!

I love you both!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment