Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Active And Playful


Dearest Joshua David~

Hello little miracle!  You slept in your bed until 2am this morning.  You woke up and started crying, so daddy picked you up and then you fell right to sleep at you curled next to us.  I didn't mind you sleeping there though, after all you went through yesterday.  I gave you some pain reliever before you went to bed last night, but I'm sure you're still sore.  You slept pretty well once you were next to us.

You were awake when I left for work this morning.  I kissed you .... several times .... while you played.  

I got home late since I was trying to get things done before maternity leave starts.  I still have some charts 'open' and notes to write, but I was just too tired to stay at work.  :-P  I'll just try my best to finish everything so I'm not gone all day tomorrow.  I miss you so much when I'm at work.  

When I got home, you were playing and happy!  I bet no one would even be able to tell you had surgery yesterday!  Penny and daddy said you did really well today.  Penny gave you two doses of your pain medication (just the anti-inflammatory, not the heavy stuff) and you were fine all day.  I'll probably just stick to the anti-inflammatory as well since you don't appear to need anything stronger.  

Gigi and our friend, Stephanie, both called me to check on you.  I gave them your update and they were happy to hear you were doing well!  Also, DOOK called to check on you.  Everyone at work wanted to hear about yesterday and they were so glad to hear you were feeling better.  Now, that you're taken care of, everyone has turned their attention to Peanut and myself wondering 'when's the baby coming?'  :-P

Daddy and I got you ready for bed, and once I took my shower, we all curled up in our pajamas for the UNC basketball game.  It didn't start until 9pm!  Ugh!  I hate those late games!  :-P  You fell asleep, but daddy and I managed to stay awake to see us win against State.  It was a struggle though .... we were both exhausted!  ;-)

Guess what tomorrow is .... my last day at work for several weeks!  Since we have a C-section scheduled for monday, whether we go into labor over the weekend or not, you'll have a little sister by lunch time that day!  So, after work tomorrow, I'll officially be on maternity leave!  I'm scared and excited at the same time.  :-)  You'll help us out with Peanut though, right?  ;-)

Have fun with Penny tomorrow as I head to work.  I can't wait to see your smiling face in the morning!

Sleep tight!

I love you very much!

~Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment